Information Page : Highfield (HABC) Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
Physical intervention skills may be required in some work environments to manage challenging behaviour safely. Depending on the risks identified within the workplace this can involve anything from avoidance to non pain disengagement skills through to rescue, escorting and holding skills.
Since June 2010 physical intervention skills have been part of the door supervisor linked qualifications and trainers offering this qualification must have completed this qualification.
This qualification is intended for trainers who wish to offer physical intervention skills training to individuals or who wish to train other training providers; it is not intended for SIA licence applicants.
Physical Intervention Trainers Pack:
Following successful completion of this qualification HZL will provide all attendees on the course with an HZL Level 2 Physical Intervention Trainers Pack to enable you to deliver the Level 2 modules (HZL contractual agreement applies).
Trainers using the HZL System are required to attend an annual 1 day refresher training course to renew their HZL certificate and licence agreement.
In order to complete this course candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Take an intial assessment of their literacy, mathmatics and ICT skills
- Have already achieved a suitable teaching / training qualification such as a Level 3 Education & Training (RQF), PTLLS or above and;
- Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF) (evidence of the candidates achievement of both qualifications must be available to view)
Delivery & assessment methods:
The Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training within the Private Security Industry (RQF) is delivered over 4 days of theory and practical work.
Assessment is through practical demonstration, question and answers and a true / false written question paper
The Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training within the Private Security Industry (RQF) has been developed to meet the requirements of tutors who work within the private security industry and need to deliver training in physical intervention skills.
The qualification is divided into 2 units and is assessed by the following methods:
- Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills Within the Private Security Industry:
Assessed in two parts . Part 1 is a practical assessment and Part 2 is a written test set by HABC. Learners must achieve 100% in both tests.
- Unit 2: Delivering Physical Intervention Training:
Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates that the learner has met the required assessment criteria.
Learners successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications, such as:
- Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
- Level 3 Award in Graduated Response for Personal Safety (RQF)