Information Page : City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices (RQF)
The City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (RQF) is aimed at practitioners who lead the internal quality assurance process within a centre or organisation and have responsibility for managing the quality of the assessment process, practice and performance of assessors within that environment.
In order to complete this qualification candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 16 years old
- Take an intial assessment of their literacy, mathematics and ICT skills
It is also recommended that candidates hold one of the following qualifications prior to enrolment:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (RQF)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF)
- A1 Assess Candidates Using a Range of Methods
- D32/D33 Assess Candidates Performance/ Assess Candidates Using a Range of Different Evidence
Delivery & assessment methods:
This qualification has a minimum of 115 guided learning hours and is delivered as a 1 day classroom based induction day plus observations in the candidates workplace, plus self study.
Assessment is through:
- Observation by your assessor
- Written and verbal statements
- Written and verbal answers to questions
- Professional discussion
- Witness testimonies
- Portfolio of evidence and demonstrates that the learner has met the required assessment criteria.
This qualification offers a national standard so that those receiving learning can have confidence in the competence and knowledge of those providing it to them. Candidates will gain up to date skills and knowledge ensuring that they are highly skilled and can support those beginning and developing their learning journey.
Learner’s must achieve three mandatory units:
- Unit 401: Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
- Unit 402: Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Unit 403: Plan, allocate and monitor work in your own area of responsibility
Learners successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further higher qualifications in learning and devlopment.