Information Page : City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Education & Training (RQF)
The aim of the City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Education & Training (RQF) is to provide individuals with an introduction to teaching and training adult learners.
This Award is for new entrants who do not have prior teaching experience or qualifications and especially suits those individuals who are already working within their chosen environment and are wishing to gain official qualifications. It is also suitable for individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Employers in certain sectors may require individuals to have gained this qualification prior to offering employment.
In order to complete this qualification candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 19 years of age
- Take an initial assessment of their literacy, mathematics and ICT skills. The teaching programme will support further development of these skills, recorded in a personal development log
This qualification has the same level of demand as that of study for A levels.
Delivery & assessment methods:
This qualification has a minimum of 48 guided learning hours which is delivered over a 4 day intensive classroom based training and includes pre-course work and self study.
Assessment is through a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates that the candidate has met the required assessment criteria. Candidates will be expected to apply and show evidence of both therorectical and practical knowledge in their portfolio. Candidates will also be required to prepare and present a micro teach during the course.
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback.
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training;
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approches in education; and
- Understanding assessment in education and training
Candidates successfully completeing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications, such as:
- City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF)