Information Page : Highfield (HABC) Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF)
The HABC Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF) has been developed to meet the requirements of trainers who wish to deliver scenario-based conflict management training.
The qualification is suitable for delivery across a wide range of sectors and is particularly beneficial to those delivering training in a customer facing role such as security guards and public area personnel, customer services positions, baliffs, door supervisors, event and entertainment personnel and close protection personnel.
This qualification is also linked to and meets the requirments of the Security Industry Authority (SIA) specification for those delivering the licence to practice qualifications which include scenario-based conflict management training.
In order to complete this qualification candidates must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
- Take an initial assessment of their literacy, mathmatics and ICT skills
- Have already achieved a suitable teaching / training qualification such as a Level 3 Education & Training (RQF), PTLLS or above, (evidence of the candidates achievement of this qualification must be available to view)
Delivery & assessment methods:
This qualification has a minimum of 36 guided learning hours and is delivered over 3 days intensive classroom based training plus pre-course work and self study.
The qualification is assessed through a multiple choice question test, practical observation, professional discussion and a portfolio of evidence.
- Unit 1: Managing conflict in the workplace when dealing with customers, service users or members of the public:
Assessed by a 30 question multiple choice examination
- Unit 2: Delivering scenario-based conflict management training:
Assessed by a portfolio of evidence
On attaining the Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF) candidates will be qualified to teach the Level 2 Award in Conflict Management.
Candidates successfully completing this qualification may wish to progress to further qualifications, such as:
- City & Guilds Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training (RQF)
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (RQF)
- Level 3 Award for Deliverers of Physical Intervention Training (RQF)